POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pov killed on FreeBSD : Pov killed on FreeBSD Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:11:09 EDT (-0400)
  Pov killed on FreeBSD
From: Kapo
Date: 21 Sep 2002 21:07:34
Message: <3d8d17d6@news.povray.org>
I was rendering an image last night, the image uses radiosity.
perhaps i have set the parameters too high for radiosity. it took
povray about 18 hours only to render 50% of the image. and the
povray grew too large to be kept running in the system. So it was
killed this morning. my system permits a porgram to grow up to  512M
large. i think i have no need to adjust it. any suggestions about
radiosity? Does it often take that long?
thanks.
--
"I went to a job interview the other day, the guy asked me if I had any
questions , I said yes, just one, if you're in a car traveling at the

He said he couldn't answer that, I told him sorry, but I couldn't work
for him then.
		-- Steven Wright